Skip to content

Announcements

I think I'm getting over-dosage but I don't know from where
NamThai posted:
Hi,

Recently I have been paying a lot of attentions on eating healthy food. I eat predominantly organic foods, otherwise conventionally grown food. I eat a lot of vegetable, fruits and fishes everday. My skin has improved a lot and I felt a lot better.

But recently, I noticed strange symptoms that I think it is from over-dosage. My meal last night consists of 2 servings of salmon, 2 spoons of olive oils and 4 leafs of kale (which is about 10 servings). I drank one scoop of protein as well because I was building muscles. I got two pimples last night on the forehead, which signified that I have some stomach trouble.

I don't know which one I should cut back. I suspects three sources of over-dosage: protein, vitamin A or vitamin C, but I'm not so sure.

rohvannyn responded:
Normal pmples occur when your body is under stress and when it generates too much oil and the pores get clogged. Usually, they take some time to develop. They can also be affected by hormones and a whole host of other things.

With many vitamins, your body will just get rid of the extra. Your food intake is not excessive as you report it, either in nutrientn amounts or in total quantity. Also, I wouldn't say you had stomach trouble unless you felt uncomfortable sensations in your stomach. Good luck in your efforts toward better health! You are making great food choices.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

kattys responded:
Drinking plenty of water is beneficial because your skin needs moisture to stay healthy.If possible, switch to Spring Water .

Helpful Tips

Tuesday's Kitchen Tips - Sharpen Your Knives For Less Tears
If you find yourself tearing up while cutting onions, try sharpening your knives. The oils released by a dull knife trying to get ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.