Skip to content

Announcements

I would like ideas for meals
cindigal posted:
Do you ever getting tired of eating the same thing all the time. I love chicken and cook it every way except fried, but I'm getting sick of it right now; I buy the bag of chicken breasts, skinless and boneless from Walmart. You get alot of chicken breasts for the price..around 6.89. That's why i get it all the time. But now I want different things for dinner, but no red meat and I want inexpensive things since I have a tight budget. I don't buy fish because there's a few pieces in a package. I do buy veggies but sometimes you can't make a meal with them. I know I am asking for a tall order but I am wanting different things that will stretch. Lately I have looking at cooking channels and they do alot of Quinoa. I never bought that, but I do like rice and oatmeal. Are there some recipes that uses quinoa. Also I want to lose weight.

cindigal

An_253185 responded:
I have different items for breakfast which does not affect my cholestrol. I do not have eggs often or food like pancakes, waffles, or french toast which contain eggs. I am satisfied with some high fiber cereals or cottage cheese. As far as meals during the day I concentrate on fish, vegetable casserole dishes, and have less meat. During the summer, I have salads, and vegetables. I do not buy quinoa since I tried it once and did not care for it. I do use brown rice instead. I also have to lose weight and presently I am using the Web MD food diary program which is helpful.

Khristi responded:
You can substitute quinoa for any grain (cook like oatmeal, add to soup, use in pilaf) & its texture is similar to finely crumbled ground meat I use red quinoa in dishes like chilli, stuffed peppers, & cabbage rolls to cut fat & increase fiber without sacrificing protein. I hope this helps.

Helpful Tips

Have you tried Quinoa yet? You should!Expert
Quinoa is a whole grain that has been around for thousands of years...once considered the "gold of the Incas." I've been trying to think ... More
Was this Helpful?
72 of 89 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.