Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

In need for ideas for meals
cindigal posted:
Do you ever getting tired of eating the same thing all the time. I love chicken and cook it every way except fried, but I'm getting sick of it right now; I buy the bag of chicken breasts, skinless and boneless from Walmart. You get alot of chicken breasts for the price..around 6.89. That's why i get it all the time. But now I want different things for dinner, but no red meat and I want inexpensive things since I have a tight budget. I don't buy fish because there's a few pieces in a package. I do buy veggies but sometimes you can't make a meal with them. I know I am asking for a tall order but I am wanting different things that will stretch. Lately I have looking at cooking channels and they do alot of Quinoa. I never bought that, but I do like rice and oatmeal. Are there some recipes that uses quinoa. Also I want to lose weight.

cindigal

rohvannyn responded:
A good way to add variety and nutrition without adding calories or extra things to shop for is to try new herbs and spices. Quinoa is a fun thing to make, it cooks just like rice and is used in anything you would use rice in. If you have a bunch of chicken left, you could cook it on a bed of herbed quinoa, savory herbs work well for this. Even if you are still stuck with chicken, cooking it in different ways, such as in a stir fry with vegetables, or baked over quinoa, will help your boredom. I like it cut in strips over a salad, too. Eggs are another nice addition to salads or dishes. If you are looking for fish, swai is fairly good tasting and usually quite cheap. There's always pollack as well, and catfish, and if you have a store nearby that specializes in Mexican food, they often have great deals on fish.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

Helpful Tips

Gardening
Growing your own vegetables can be a great way to not only incorporate more fresh food into your diet but also get some exercise. Gardening ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.