Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Fasting with 16/8 protocol
Sunset1976 posted:
How about fasting for 16 hours a day and eat within 8 hour window ? I started to use it 1 month ago and my fat loss plateau moved into progress. My body fat seemed to stack at 22 % no matter how hard i tried dieting and exercising, now i'm at 20 %, 2 % drop in 1 month excellent result.Plus weight and cardio training routine.
I plan to use it further to bring down body fat to healthy 15 %.

compoundia responded:
Sounds very tough but if it is result oriented I will definitely try this. Just let me know that what is your diet in your 8 hour window?

healhapy responded:
Good for you if this continues. As a long time trainer/natural bodybuilder I have seen/heard of almost everything. I believe that as all of us have various idiosyncracies and preferences/declinations one route fits all is imperfect at best. You appear to know your body and what it responds well to, so I encourage you to share as you see change. If you hit a plateau, I could suggest some changes that you might try.

Jaybees responded:
So so u eat 3 times a day during the 8 hour window?
Do u eat carbohydrates too?
Did you lose weight without any exercise?

Helpful Tips

6 Ways to Switch to Whole FoodsExpert
The more we know about nutrition and health, the more it seems we need to eat the way we did a hundred years ago. ?Recent research is ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 48 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.