Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

healty diet
rjrod posted:
I would like some guidance...
My husband passed away just a few months ago... I have not been eating a good balanced diet since... eating at home alone and or cooking for one... well I just haven't found my way in that yet...
I would like some help and guidance to get focused and back on track.. meal plans, snack plans, or something... Just to remember to eat meals would be helpful... I sometimes go a day or two without eating, then some times I may be snacking on things and avoid meals... This have been a very difficult time for me and I need some help to begin a healthy lifestyle even if though I am cooking for 1 now...

rohvannyn responded:
I'm really sorry for your loss. You have my complete sympathy.

I can really understand how hard it can be to eat right when just cooking for one. The best thing to do is make it as easy and convenient for yourself as you can. You can cook ahead and put premade meals in the freezer... make a big batch of stew and portion it up, cut up vegetables, keep fruit handy. Small tupperware containers can be really helpful for this.

Keep balance in mind. If you are a nibbler, keep wholesome snacks around. Dried or fresh fruit, nuts, hard cheeses, hard boiled eggs, vegetable sticks. Try to limit preservatives too if you can. Eating "real food" will ultimately help you manage your stress and make life easier to live. Basically, make it simpler to eat well than poorly.

I wish you the best.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

steffanymohan responded:
I can understand what's going on inside you. It must be difficult to cook for one daily,keep nuts, fruits handy. A variety of foods from all of the food groups should be consumed on a regular basis. Make it a point whatever you are cooking; it must contain carbohydrates, proteins, fibers and the right kind of fats. Make yourself strong.

mariajohnson responded:
I am sorry for your loss. But you should not starve yourself. If you won't eat you will fall ill. You must have a healthy diet. As Steffany said your diet should contain proteins, carbs and fibers. Eat lots of fruits as they contain fibers which will make you feel fuller.

guozhiliu replied to mariajohnson's response:
Oh it's really a bad .I am sorry for it.But in this stage you have to eat some good and healthy diet it must contain carbohydrates,proteins and fibers in order to make you fit.You can take some green tea every day so that you will feel energetic and light.You can order this tea from best online tea store named teanaga.com they are providing better quality of product i hope it will work for you.
Thnaks

mariatz responded:
I am so sorry for your loss.. I know exactly how you feel as I recently lost my dear brother. The truth is you forget to eat.
Try to eat fruits and salads when you are not really in the mood of cooking. Fresh fruits and vegetables will keep you going. And when you feel a bit more "in the mood for cooking" and you eat meat, grill a lovely piece of steak or chicken breast to go with your vegetables. Or prepare a lovely lentil salad. Try to have a balanced diet as much as possible and try to go organic. The benefits on your health and our planet are tremendous:

http://www.alwaysladies.com/go-green-go-organic/

Take care

Helpful Tips

Gardening
Growing your own vegetables can be a great way to not only incorporate more fresh food into your diet but also get some exercise. Gardening ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.