Skip to content

Announcements

Food for a teenager
An_254897 posted:
Hey,I`m Andreea and I`m 15.I have a big problem with my weight and I want to become,but when I start a diet,after some days I forget my plans and I eat a lot.I have 61 kg and 1,65 m ,so my weight is too big for a teenager.Please could you tell me something about a diet which can be for me?I eat lots of sweets and I want eat other food,which is sweet,but without calories! Please help me!

dina358 responded:
hey andreea I had the same problem at your age and im still having the same problem now i went on Self.com and they have great recipes that are delicious and healthy at the same time plus u get daily emails alerting you different things its really great i hope i helped you Good Luck!!

rohvannyn responded:
First of all, you are a little overweight but not too bad. Focus on getting more protein in your diet and moving around more. Runnning, walking, swimming, biking, games. Try to get your friends involved. That will keep you in the best shape! Also, stay away from refined foods and starches, or limit them.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

stellagonzalez responded:
Yes I do agree with rohvannyn, you are little bit bulky but not overweight, as you are teenager don't go for any sort of dietary plan. Need to follow some basic routine like do regular exercise, go for a walk and eat healthy food.

rohvannyn replied to stellagonzalez's response:
Exactly! The goal right now for you, or any teenager, is to make sure your body is getting the right kinds of foods so you can grow into a strong, healthy adult. Focus more on getting plenty of vitamins and minerals in your food, as well as some healthy fats, and get exercise. Did you know that if you don't get enough protein your brain growth can be affected? And not getting enough fat can affect breast growth, as well as your brain. Fuel your body well. We don't want skinny women and girls, we want healthy women and girls.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

stellagonzalez replied to rohvannyn's response:
Agree with your views.

Helpful Tips

Have you tried Quinoa yet? You should!Expert
Quinoa is a whole grain that has been around for thousands of years...once considered the "gold of the Incas." I've been trying to think ... More
Was this Helpful?
72 of 89 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.