Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Im trying to lose weight
dina358 posted:
hi my name is Dina and I'm 18 years old. I weigh around 135 pounds and im 5'2. I have pcos which makes it hard to lose weight every time I try I fail I barely last a week its really hard on top of that I have no motivation to do anything about by weight please help. thank you!

afunk responded:
Hello! I feel your pain I'm a (almost) 20 college student and constantly surrounded by poor eaters which only makes it harder! I'm 5'3 and nearly 140. only 5 short months ago I was 115 but lets just say its been a stressful semester and I ignored my health. To get the motivation I had over the summer I did not focus on the weight I wanted to loose from my 1st year of college I focused on my health. When you focus on a deeper meaning to eating healthy and working out it gives you more motivation. Also, I know you've probably heard this before but record record record what you eat. over the summer I used my fitness pal and it was the perfect app. And never forget it takes three weeks to notice changes to your own body so keep at it and keep your head up when you don't notice the weight you've lost come off your hips yet. patience is your best friend.

stellagonzalez replied to afunk's response:
Very well said "patience is your best friend". Give your hundred percent it will definitely going to work, when your close one's give you compliment then you will gonna realize that you are successful in loosing weight.

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

What's Wrong With Eating Low Carb?Expert
Generally a really low carbohydrate eating plan is not desirable for most people because our brain and our muscles prefer to run on ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 37 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.