Confusion over different diets out there
cindigal posted:
You know when a year starts, everyone pitches their diet on TV or online. In this site there were about 4 or different diets I saw, I cant recall all of them but they all work differently. The ones in mind I saw is the Meditarean diet (whatever it spells), DASH diet, Weight Watchers, and then there is a few diet books. One is called Eat It to Beat it..... comprised all about foods that you can eat to banish belly fat. Then I saw the book called, The Shred...different diet one that promises 4 inches or 2 sizes down in a certain amount of time.

With all these different diets out there, I wonder if anyone has tried anyone of the above diets I mentioned or read the books. I look at labels on food whenever I shop, i watch the fat grams, carb, gms of sugar and etc but I want different opinions and ask if anyone tried the diets. Are there menus on WEBMD for the diets they list.

cindigal

atti_editor responded:
Hi cindigal and thank you for posting!

I think what you are referring to is this article about U.S. News and World Report's "best diets" list. I agree that with all of the diets out there (and each one with it's own benefits) it can definitely get confusing.

While I haven't personally tried any of the diets mentioned, I did find some information about the Mediterranean Diet including this blog post from one of our experts, the DASH Diet , and the Weight Watchers Diet that you might find helpful in choosing the diet that's best for you.

You might also find some great recipes that meet your dietary needs in our Recipe Center .

I hope this helps, and let us know what you decide!

- Atti

mariajohnson responded:
I am not sure of which diet would work but all I can suggest is reduce your calorie intake and follow an exercise regimen. You will notice the changes in your weight in few weeks.

airius responded:
I personally am an advocate for the Shred diet. It truly does work if you stick to the program. I like everything written by Dr. Ian Smith. His diets are basically step down diets where you gradually reduce your intake of food/calories. He also teaches you how to replace bad foods with good ones. But the key is to do whatever works for you. I don't think that any GOOD diet/weight loss book is better than the other. I think it all boils down to what you can stick with and what you can afford. Please keep in mind that eating healthy tends to be more expensive than the alternative. So be prepared for a slight increase in that portion of your monthly bills. Also, it helps if your entire family(if you have one) is willing to join you on your journey. It makes cooking in the kitchen alot easier. Also, exercise is critical to any plan. Good luck!

rohvannyn replied to airius's response:
Absolutely right, eating healthy is more expensive, but if you eat higher quality foods your body needs less of it. So that helps control cost a little bit. You may end up spending less on supplements and medical care, as well as over the counter medications for health problems you no longer have.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

stellagonzalez responded:
Just control on your calories and do regular exercises, which will keep you healthy and fit.

kattys replied to stellagonzalez's response:
I agree with Stella. Also, along with regular exercise, you could include the water in your daily diet.

stellagonzalez replied to kattys's response:
Yes Katty you are right, water is the best medicine for all your problems.