Skip to content

Announcements

Easiest/Healthiest Recipe for a New Cook
SoccerBro posted:
As a recent college grad I have little experience with cooking. Does anyone have suggestions on healthy meals that are extremely easy to make. Tasting good is also a plus!

atti_editor responded:
Hi SoccerBro,

As with many things, practice makes perfect when it comes to cooking. Starting small is probably best -- maybe try cooking some rice, a piece of chicken and some frozen vegetables. Frozen broccoli can easily be made in the microwave, and in college my roommates used to make chicken in a variety of ways (baked in the oven with a little cheese on top, grilled on the fixed plate grill that fits on the counter or even in the toaster oven).

These articles on halfway homemade cooking and healthy, 15-minute dishes that taste great , might be a good place to start. You can also search for recipes in our Healthy Recipe Finder . You can search based on ingredients, cook time and cooking method. For example, you could select 5 Ingredients or Less and Quick and Easy and work your way up to more complex recipes.

Best wishes,
Atti

stellagonzalez responded:
It will be nice if you could tell us which type of recipe you exactly needed. I mean spicy, healthy or some continental???
Please mention it I guess we can help you.

Helpful Tips

What's Wrong With Eating Low Carb?Expert
Generally a really low carbohydrate eating plan is not desirable for most people because our brain and our muscles prefer to run on ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 40 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.