Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Vegetable Salad Recipes?
PotatoJoe posted:
Looking for some good recipes that are filling and tasty that are more than just lettuce with stuff in them. More like copped vegetable salads or something. Anyone have any?

Thanks!

atti_editor responded:
Hi PotatoJoe,

Here are some recipes for vegetable salads that I found witha quick search using our Healthy Recipe Finder . You can find many more recipes by refining your search (the blue link near the top of the tool). You can create meals based on ingredients, time it takes to cook them, cooking method, and course, among other things. I hope you find a recipe that you enjoy!

Best wishes,
Atti

stellagonzalez replied to atti_editor's response:
Thanks buddy for sharing such a yummy and healthy recipes.

kattys responded:
I came across antipasto picnic salad recipe on web. But, before you start cooking, make sure to wash all the ingredients with water .

Now, cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, drain giardiniera, reserving 3/4 cup liquid. In a large bowl, combine the giardiniera, broccoli, mozzarella, salami, ham, pepperoni, green pepper and olives. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into meat mixture.
For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, pepper, salt and reserved giardiniera liquid. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 25 servings (1 cup each).

benel responded:
1) Sautee kale in olive oil with garlic/onion.
2) Roast beets in oven.
3) Let all ingredients cool and peel cooked beets.
4) Make dressing from citrus juice, rice vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and honey.
5) Toss all ingredients with dressing and toasted seeds/nuts.

mariatz responded:
How about a lovely warm lentil salad?This salad is really worth trying:

http://www.alwaysladies.com/its-rocket-luscious-lentil-salad/

Enjoy

amywelsh replied to kattys's response:
this recipe looks promising. I'll try this. Thanks

Helpful Tips

What's Wrong With Eating Low Carb?Expert
Generally a really low carbohydrate eating plan is not desirable for most people because our brain and our muscles prefer to run on ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 40 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.