Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Healthy Fast Recipes
Princessgirl0917 posted:
Does anyone know of any healthy fast recipes one can cook after work? I am often tired at work and am looking for quick recipes to make that are healthier.

atti_editor responded:
Hi Princessgirl0917,

I can definitely relate to what you are asking -- For a while I struggled with the same problem; after work I never seem to be in the mood to stand in the kitchen and cook up a big dinner. I would much rather just heat something up and be done with it. What I found works for me (and might work for you) is to cook a couple of meals ahead of time, on a Saturday or Sunday when I am free, and then I will alternate those meals throughout the week. Sometimes, if I'm in a cooking mood, I will make more meals than necessary for the week ahead and then freeze them for the future when I don't have as much time or am just not in the cooking mood.

You might want to check out this article about making fast, healthy meals - it has some great tips on what ingredients to keep in your kitchen to make cooking quicker and some great ideas for "almost homemade" cooking. Halfway homemade dishes, those that use frozen vegetables canned broth, etc. can really speed up the cooking process and can be as healthy as you wish to make them. The link above has some recipes you might be interested in. Our Healthy Recipe Finder could also be a great resource for you. You can filter recipes by ingredients, time, type of food and more.

I hope that you are able to find some quick, healthy recipes to get you started. Let us know what you find works best for you!

Best wishes,
Atti

stellagonzalez replied to atti_editor's response:
Thanks for the list of wonderful recipes, surely will try this at home.

Helpful Tips

Have you tried Quinoa yet? You should!Expert
Quinoa is a whole grain that has been around for thousands of years...once considered the "gold of the Incas." I've been trying to think ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 82 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.