Skip to content

Announcements

Weight Loss Question
jrlong1960 posted:
I'm a 54 year old female. I'm 5'4" tall and currently weigh 154 lbs. In April of 2011, I began and exercise routine. By June of 2011, I was walking 4 miles, 6 days a week on my elliptical. On 3 days each week, I was using free weights on arms and legs. That year, I lost 13 pounds. (I began at 167 lbs.)
The next year I stopped using the elliptical and starting using my treadmill. My current routine is 4 miles/6 days each week along with the weights on 3 of those days.
I've tried doing various things with regard to my diet in order to see what works. I've tried low carb. I've tried reduced portion. I've tried 5 small meals each day. I've tried liquid only. I'm now on salads only with no dressing. I drink about 100 oz. of water each day.
Nothing so far has helped me shed another pound since 2011.
Is there any kind of supplement I can take to help speed my metabolism?

airius responded:
Have you tried using the food tracker on this website? You seem to have a good exercise regime going on so I'm thinking that it is the food. I don't usually suggest supplements because once you stop taking them, the weight comes back.

atti_editor responded:
Here is a link to our Food & Fitness Planner . It is a great way to set goals and chart your progress.

Best wishes,
Atti

kattys responded:
You have a good exercise routine. I don't know why you are having problem in loosing weight. You drink adequate amount of water also. May be you should search a for diet plan that could help reduce weight.

Helpful Tips

Olive Oil
When cooking with olive oil always add some minced garlic for more flavor. It also smells great. More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.