Skip to content

Announcements

Where do you buy Gluten and Soy Free foods?
LMH_BU posted:
Our supermarkets are constantly adapting to consumer's needs; however, do you have a favorite place/website where you buy these 'custom' foods? Like Gluten-Free and Soy-Free items.

Also, any favorite cook books with helpful hints on how to cook real food without gluten and soy?

Thanks!

Take the Poll

Do you eat Gluten-Free?
  • I Must
  • I choose to
vote
View Poll Results

rohvannyn responded:
I find that international food stores, especially Asian markets, have more alternatives. They have a lot of wheat and soy products, but they are more likely to have other things such as tapioca, yam, rice, buckwheat (be careful that it doesn't also contain real whteat) quinoa, millet, etc etc. Other than that, I would check out food co-ops and natural food markets or farmer's markets. Some of teh stores I've seen that have good options are Sprouts, Sunflower, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's. Also check at your local supermarket. I've seen some really nice gluten free and soy free options at the natural foods sections of various Kroger stores, as well as at Wal-Mart and even Target.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

Helpful Tips

Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Ingredients 2 pounds Beef Stew meat 2 Sweet Potatoes 4 Carrots (peeled and chopped) 2 Celery Stalks (chopped) 1 Spanish Onion (chopped) 2 ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.