Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Easy Week Meals
undefined posted:
I could use some ideas for easy weekday meals. Thanks.

fritsla responded:
As a mom that works 50 hours a week and has high school kids, I have been buying some of the meals/steaks/burgers from Omaha Steaks and then add a salad and fresh veggies to the meal. I serve fresh fruit and a dollop of whip cream for dessert. As a person that can't cook, I am able to put these meals on the table in 20 minutes. While the kids are waiting, I have pre-cut veggies they dip in ranch/blue cheese dressing as they wait for the meal to finish.

rohvannyn responded:
Crock pot stews that simmer while you are at work are good. Making a soup or main dish that you can portion out during the week is also good because you can just heat and eat. Stir fry is quick and fairly simple to prepare and you can precut the ingredients. Some kind of veggie/meat combination, stir fried and served over rice, is awesome. Curry can also be surprisingly quick to make.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

sluggo45692 responded:
Pasta alfredo with seasoned baked chicken. Alfredo sauce is easy to prepare from campbell soup.

Soup in a bread bowl with side salad

Breakfest for dinner (pancakes/biscuits & gravy/chipped beef on toast)

Meatball subs with mac/cheese side

baked potato night

All the other posters have good ideas also

Good Luck

robin81 replied to sluggo45692's response:
also like pasta Alfredo so much, its tasty and fills me up. Do you know any more recipes with baked chiken.

Thanks
Robin

rohvannyn replied to robin81's response:
Chicken or fish laid in a casserole pan with salad dressing poured over, baked till meat is done and served over rice. That's tasty! Also, cook double what you need and store half for another meal later in the week. Baked chicken is great cut up over salad.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

sluggo45692 replied to robin81's response:
Hi Robin,

Check out the spice aisles at the market. They have different rubs you can put on your chicken.

Rub with some burrito, Fajitas, or taco spices, bake & shred. Make the Mexican food you like or a salad.
Marinate with teriyaki sauce, bake . Make a stir fry or Chinese Chicken on a Stick
Moroccan Chicken Couscous has some simple recipes on line.

With any of these, a side dish or 2 of veggies and/or simple starches can be a very full filling meal.

Different cuts of chicken can give you dishes a different taste and texture and can really add to your dining enjoyment.

Good Luck

Helpful Tips

Gardening
Growing your own vegetables can be a great way to not only incorporate more fresh food into your diet but also get some exercise. Gardening ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.