Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Searching for easy, healthy meals to prep for the work week.
ags9h3 posted:
I usually work about 50 hours a week and have difficulty finding the time to prepare a meal every day. I would like to try preping meals and refridgerate them before the work week. Does any one have good ideas on what I can prepare?

sluggo45692 responded:
I can't tell from you post if this is your lunch or dinner for family. I would suggest of the following:

Chili: lots of beans, tomatos, veggies. You can do shredded beef, ground turkey or vegetarian recipes. To change things up put it over corn chips or spagetti squash. Change each day. Chili is alway better the next day.

rotisserie,baked or grilled chicken: Section it off and put veggies beside it. One part per day with a different veggie.

Homemade Veggie soup: you can't make a small pot. Portion off, Freeze, Take with a fresh sandwich or salad each day (each pre-portioned/made)

enchiladas: About anything in them, premake, bake, serve. Takes a little time, not hard to make. Serve with rice and veggies.

Stir fry: Pre cut veggies, cut the meat place in a zip lock package, add marinade to meat 1-2 hours before cooking.

I hope these help

Good Luck

Helpful Tips

6 Ways to Switch to Whole FoodsExpert
The more we know about nutrition and health, the more it seems we need to eat the way we did a hundred years ago. ?Recent research is ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 49 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.