Skip to content

Announcements

Favorite Summer Snacks
atti_editor posted:
Most schools are out, hotter weather is rolling in (or in some places is here in full force), and it's almost time for all of those summer kickoff parties to begin!

Does anyone have any good summer snacks that they like to break out this time of year? It can be something simple, a new twist on an old favorite, or even a drink or dessert recipe. The cooler the better

My favorite thing about summer is the fresh fruit. This watermelon popsicle recipe is one of my go-to sweet treats:

• 4 cups cubed watermelon (rind removed)
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice (freshly squeezed is always good)
  • 1 tablespoon honey, optional
  • Put watermelon, lime juice and honey in a blender. Pour mixture into a bowl (use a fine sieve to get out all of the pulp). Pour or spoon the juice into popsicle molds and freeze until solid.

mariajohnson responded:
Fruits and juices are best during summer. You should drink lot of water and stay hydrated during summer.

amywelsh responded:
This is so delicious. My kids will surely love this.

stellagonzalez responded:
Plain water in summer is not enough to make your skin hydrated. One should have additional supplement for your skin and this health drink seems to be good for your health as well as for your skin and yes sounds yummy too.....

rohvannyn responded:
I like jicama sticks with lime and/or lime and taijin powder on them. Refrigerated, they are great! Jicama sticks with hummus are good too.

Regarding summer drinks, a nice drink for hydration is coconut water. It has electrolytes in it naturally. Make sure and pick a low sugar version, or at least pick one using real sugar rather than high fructose corn syrup.

I really like hibiscus tea, cold-brewed in the fridge and sweetened with stevia, for summer hydration as well.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

Helpful Tips

6 Ways to Switch to Whole FoodsExpert
The more we know about nutrition and health, the more it seems we need to eat the way we did a hundred years ago. ?Recent research is ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 49 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.