Skip to content

Announcements

M'Lis Detox - Healthy or Harmful?
MHunter23 posted:
Hi, I have a friend who was recently diagnosed with MS and was told to try this M'lis Detox diet (www.mlis.com/nu_detoxification.html) to help her clean out the toxins that were affecting her nerves. Her husband did it with her to be supportive, and they were told by their doctor that it's actually healthy for people to do this type of detox diet at least once a year, so I thought I would try it out. My sister in law, however, heard from a companion that detox diets can lead to a lot of health problems later in life, including heart problems. This got me worried and now I don't know if I should do this detox diet or not. I've read a lot of reviews and I've heard that they are good, bad, or do nothing. This one has vitamin suppliments to ensure that you are healthy and getting all of your nutrients, but I'd really like to know for sure before I do it. Any input or advice on this?

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
You should consult with your doctor about your specific needs. Cleanses and cleansing diets can be dangerous for some people.

We have an article here on Natural Colon Cleanses and this article on Demystifying Detox Diets.

Keep in mind that scientists have yet to perfect or discover all the nutrients we get from food so no supplement can mimic the food synergy of whole, natural food products and give you every nutrient that you need for good health.

MedLife17 responded:
Hello, I know atleast 6 family members/friends that are doing a M'lis Detox diet and program and say that they are feeling great and it has relieved them of their joint pain and other problems. Now, my parents want to do it as well. However, I am hesitant to let them to do so as the people I know just recently started the diet and all the cons associated it with it not being FDA approved and scientifically proven for the elimination of toxins to be good. Did you end up trying it or have any updates of how it worked out for your friend if she did the diet? Please let me know as I am really worried about my parents starting such a diet, and you could really make a difference.

adamaron1 responded:
One of the most important factors in preventing disease and maintaining good health is the elimination of toxins from the body.
M'Lis Detox Program produces these benefits:

• Increased energy
  • The digestive tract is given a chance to cleanse itself of accumulated waste and putrefied bacteria
  • Liver, kidneys, and blood are purified, and function more effectively
  • A mental clarity occurs that is not possible under the constant bombardment of chemicals and food additives
  • Dependency on habit-forming substances such as refined sugar, caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, and drugs is greatly diminished. As the blood is purified, residues of these additives are flushed from the body. Cravings and withdrawal symptoms are lessened Bad eating habits are broken. As you come off the program, it is easy to start all over again with a wiser choice of diet
  • The stomach has a chance to shrink to normal size, making it easier to control the quantity of food eaten
Weight loss Northern Virginia

TomorrowsBody responded:
The secret to better health is to cleanse your body! It has been estimated that 95% of all disease begins in a toxic colon. In addition, a weak immune system exacerbates any health problem. The M'lis Detoxification Program is a complete internal process that purifies the liver, bowels, kidneys and blood, while cleansing all tissues of the body. This total body program is the first step in reversing the course of chronic health conditions, and is an important part of a regular health maintenance and prevention regimen.
BENEFITS:
  • Internal body cleansing and detoxification- Everyone should detoxify at least four times per year. We still live in a toxic society, and this becomes a cleansing lifestyle
  • Proper food choices- Consist of foods that heal the body, rather than foods that destroy health.
  • Exercise- Get at least 40 minutes per day. Alternate weight-bearing and cardiovascular activities
  • Learn to deal positively with stress
  • Learn to listen to the body. The body will tell you what it needs and what it doesn't need.
  • Become educated on how the body works.
  • Live a positive, happy, healthy life.
  • 100% nutrition- There will always be a need to supplement nutrients, as it is impossible to get complete nutrition by eating food sources as they exist in today's world.

http://www.tomorrowsbody.com/mlis-detoxification-kit-free-sipper-bottle/

Helpful Tips

All fine with some changes
I am slightly diabetic and not overweight, but still make these changes to almost all baked goods: Replace all flour with a combination ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.