Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Includes Expert Content
Food You Can't Live Without?
Olivia_WebMD_Staff posted:
Chocolate? Bread and butter? Beer? Double cheeseburgers? Tell us which foods you?d take with you to a desert island.

Then, check out this WebMD story about Survivor Foods and see if your favorites are listed.

We can't wait to read your responses!

erinblue1504 responded:
Olives Pickles Cashews CHEESE Mayonaise Pita Bread Diet Coke

I could live a happy life with these seven items- and 50 block sun screen-but I wouldn't want to eat it.

ZoeyH responded:
Wow. It's so hard to pick.

Snack: Emerald Sea Salt & Pepper Cashews

Dish: Pho -- I could eat it every day or maybe bread and peanut butter.

hockeyme99 responded:
Hi, My name is Stephanie and I am 30 years old. The food that I can't live without would have to be FRUIT. I am a fruit nut! I always have it in the house, because my body runs beter with fruit in my system. Apples, oranges, nectarines, pears, bananas............. I love them all!!

overworked_webod responded:
Olives Chocolate Bread CHEESE Bacon Peanut Brittle (a new favorite) Shriaz Pasta Cheescake

Kappy25 responded:
70% Dark Chocolate, Oatmeal (cooked already I guess) or Cliff Bars, Bananas, Blueberries, Oranges, (any kind of fruit) and V8.

happybaker responded:
homemade fresh baked Wheat bread, fried chicken livers, au gratin potatoes, field peas, any kind of chocolate, coffee,

Aaire responded:
Gumbo, sour dough bread, whole grain mustard, Greek yogurt, fresh figs, green ice tea, brown rice and blueberries are foods I would take to a desert island.

NEWCOMBE responded:
WATER,BEER,CHEESE,TURKEY,ROAST BEEF,BREAD,MUSTURD. GRAPEFRUIT,ORANGES AND SALTINES.

NEWCOMBE

LDIPDX responded:
Almonds, Mango and Champagne

Noerisgil responded:
Foods I can't live without? Cheese definently, pasta, colombian cheeseburgers (they bring everything...a pattie, a fried egg, ham, lettuce, tomatoe, onion, and like 6 different sauces. oh and bacon) I love BACON! sinfully delicious!

kej53 responded:
This could be tough for a real "foodie" like myself...

I'd have to have Olives, pasta, tofu, turkey, fresh whole-grain bread, peanut butter, fruit, corn, turkey bacon, brown rice

Hopefully, that would keep me going until rescued...

Jan0325 responded:
Hmm I love fruit, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries. I get hungry for green beans steamed with green or yellow peppers. And of course, I would need chocolate.

Tomato05 responded:
I have so many favourites, it's hard to narrow down the list.

My (long) shortlist: Tomatoes (of course!), baby spinach, eggs, green tea, blueberries, red pepper, broccoli, bean sprouts, miso soup, soy sauce, sardines canned in water, apples, almonds, plain low-fat yoghurt, coriander and hard candy (oh yes, and gummi bears).

Sybell responded:
Avocadoes!! Ramen, cranberry juice, canned black olives, whole wheat bread or rye bread.... hmmmm, mangos, pineapple, water!! eggs, my homemade potato salad!!

think I'd be happy with those 10.

Helpful Tips

Divinely Delicious Lasagna - Low Fat, too!
I made this up, so you can do whatever you'd like with this. WARNING: You may end up making 2 dishes like I did. But, that's fine, ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.