Includes Expert Content
Food You Can't Live Without?
Olivia_WebMD_Staff posted:
Chocolate? Bread and butter? Beer? Double cheeseburgers? Tell us which foods you?d take with you to a desert island.

Then, check out this WebMD story about Survivor Foods and see if your favorites are listed.

We can't wait to read your responses!

erinblue1504 responded:
Olives Pickles Cashews CHEESE Mayonaise Pita Bread Diet Coke

I could live a happy life with these seven items- and 50 block sun screen-but I wouldn't want to eat it.

ZoeyH responded:
Wow. It's so hard to pick.

Snack: Emerald Sea Salt & Pepper Cashews

Dish: Pho -- I could eat it every day or maybe bread and peanut butter.

hockeyme99 responded:
Hi, My name is Stephanie and I am 30 years old. The food that I can't live without would have to be FRUIT. I am a fruit nut! I always have it in the house, because my body runs beter with fruit in my system. Apples, oranges, nectarines, pears, bananas............. I love them all!!

overworked_webod responded:
Olives Chocolate Bread CHEESE Bacon Peanut Brittle (a new favorite) Shriaz Pasta Cheescake

Kappy25 responded:
70% Dark Chocolate, Oatmeal (cooked already I guess) or Cliff Bars, Bananas, Blueberries, Oranges, (any kind of fruit) and V8.

happybaker responded:
homemade fresh baked Wheat bread, fried chicken livers, au gratin potatoes, field peas, any kind of chocolate, coffee,

Aaire responded:
Gumbo, sour dough bread, whole grain mustard, Greek yogurt, fresh figs, green ice tea, brown rice and blueberries are foods I would take to a desert island.

NEWCOMBE responded:
WATER,BEER,CHEESE,TURKEY,ROAST BEEF,BREAD,MUSTURD. GRAPEFRUIT,ORANGES AND SALTINES.

NEWCOMBE

LDIPDX responded:
Almonds, Mango and Champagne

Noerisgil responded:
Foods I can't live without? Cheese definently, pasta, colombian cheeseburgers (they bring everything...a pattie, a fried egg, ham, lettuce, tomatoe, onion, and like 6 different sauces. oh and bacon) I love BACON! sinfully delicious!

kej53 responded:
This could be tough for a real "foodie" like myself...

I'd have to have Olives, pasta, tofu, turkey, fresh whole-grain bread, peanut butter, fruit, corn, turkey bacon, brown rice

Hopefully, that would keep me going until rescued...

Jan0325 responded:
Hmm I love fruit, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries. I get hungry for green beans steamed with green or yellow peppers. And of course, I would need chocolate.

Tomato05 responded:
I have so many favourites, it's hard to narrow down the list.

My (long) shortlist: Tomatoes (of course!), baby spinach, eggs, green tea, blueberries, red pepper, broccoli, bean sprouts, miso soup, soy sauce, sardines canned in water, apples, almonds, plain low-fat yoghurt, coriander and hard candy (oh yes, and gummi bears).

Sybell responded:
Avocadoes!! Ramen, cranberry juice, canned black olives, whole wheat bread or rye bread.... hmmmm, mangos, pineapple, water!! eggs, my homemade potato salad!!

think I'd be happy with those 10.