Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stomach sloshing, persistent ache. Scared.
An_239582 posted:
About six weeks ago, I noticed that my stomach hurt every morning when I woke up. I paid it no mind, as it always went away after 10 minutes or so. Then, it stayed longer and longer until it was with me all day. Shortly thereafter, I started having extremely bad diarrhea.

I've found that when I moved around, it felt like the contents of my stomach were noticably sloshing around inside of me - and where ever they went, the pain followed. If I rolled over, I could feel the pain move from one side to the other, as though it (and my liquid stomach contents) was settling at the lowest point. It's keeping me from exercising and being otherwise active, and I find that I'm stuck lying on my back all night long to keep the weird, sloshy pain sedentary.

The pain is very slight, and occasionally feels like when you haven't eaten for a day... That familiar "grumble" of your stomach telling you it needs food.

When I eat, the pain will sometimes momentarily subside.

After about six weeks of this, I've also now just recently (within three or four days) become bloated and gassy. I'm constantly belching, and it sometimes tastes slightly vomitous or acidic. I am not feeling any chest pains, but I have noticed that my throat feels a little tight.

The diarrhea occasionally subsides, but my stool colors are changing rather drastically. I have never noticed blood in my stool.

Will someone please tell me that this isn't stomach cancer or something else really serious? I'm completely out of my mind with almost paralyzing fear, but living in the USA and not having insurance, I simply cannot afford to see a doctor.

Please. Anyone with information... please help me.

Torcal responded:
You have a serious problem. Go to an emergency room.

Helpful Tips

Answer to Burping Belching , acid, anxiety, gasping for air
I think I have finally found the answer to this issue of waking up gasping for air. I have been experiencing this for years and found the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.