Skip to content
Middle Back Pain and Stomach Pain
gizmonot1 posted:
I'm a 36 Year Old Male 6 ft 1 185 pounds. Since August I have had some back pain that is off and on and on 3 occasions have had some pretty bad stomach pain that radiates below the sternum across my ribs. I went to the doctor and he said that he thought it was Gastritis since I described to him that it starts in the back and moves to the front, I was hungry at the time it happened and I didn't have any indication of blood in my stool. My blood work was in great shape so he ruled out any type of heart problems. During this time I'm still running which actually makes my back pain go away and I feel fine. He gave me Nexium but the pain has come back.

Sometimes I have trouble swallowing food as if it is getting stuck in my throat/ chest. I don't eat a lot of greasy food.

I'm going back to the doctor but wanted to see if anybody else had similar issues or what it might be.

Torcal responded:
The most overlooked serious condition is an aortal aneurysm. If your aorta can balloon out and put pressure on your esophagus which would make it hard to swollow. My aneurysm was noticed by a radiologist in a CT scan done for a completely different purpose. Doctors don't regularly check for them and end up discovering them haphazardly.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 years old and natural health enthusiasts. Enjoy learning new stuffs and share with people. My website :

Helpful Tips

Answer to Burping Belching , acid, anxiety, gasping for air
I think I have finally found the answer to this issue of waking up gasping for air. I have been experiencing this for years and found the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.