Skip to content
Has anyone had surgery done to aleviate GERD symptoms?
BugzT posted:
I am just curious, with less than a month before surgery. If it is the right choice.

calgal37 responded:
BugzT, I can't comment on whether or not it's the right choice. Only you can come to that decision. But this board is pretty slow right now. I hope you're checking and asking questions on other GERD boards as well as this one.

I know from talking to some who have had the surgery that it can help in some cases. There can be side-effects and it can take a bit of getting used to, but they're happy it was done.

I've also spoken with others who wish it had never been done, and they had it taken down within a few months time.

I hope you're going to find it beneficial in your case.

BugzT replied to calgal37's response:
Well, thanks for responding. I don't know of any other boards which discuss GERD, but I guess google it and find out. If you know of any specific ones that you find useful, let me know, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

calgal37 replied to BugzT's response:
I don't know a lot of them, but there seems to be a fairly active GERD board on MedHelp.org. They have 2 sections. One is for all posters; a fair number of people seem to be there. The other is, I believe a 'fee-based' section where you can get a response from a doc - if there is one covering that discipline. When you pull up the page with the different boards that are offered, look at the listings on the left column - the general boards.

I'm sure there are a number of other GERD boards to try, too. Look around a bit. Hopefully you'll find a board that's active with a lot of people discussing GERD and GERD-related issues.

Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 years old and natural health enthusiasts. Enjoy learning new stuffs and share with people. My website :

Helpful Tips

What are the causes of heartburn(acidity) and what is it treated?
Acidity very common condition, which is usually not worth the anxiety, but some people suffer from it permanently, has become a serious ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.