Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Length of GERD pain during episode
Fisherville posted:
I am trying to adjust to having GERD. I get terrible chest pain that lasts hours. Or it will subside for awhile and then return. It is at the top of my chest so I assume it's esphogeal. Is this common to GERD? It doesn't matter what I eat, Pepcid helps only a little and GasX only a little. I get this about an hour after eating and then have it for hours. It is very sharp pain with lots of burping.
CalGal37 responded:
Fisherville, it does sound a lot like what might be described as esophageal spasms. For something like that you should be talking to your doctor or GI person. There are meds that can help, but it sounds like your GERD isn't being well-controlled. Call and get an appointment to figure out what medications can help. And be sure to consider a change in diet and lifestyle modifications that can also give you a hand in trying to handle the problem.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm a 24 year old female with Interstitial Cystitis, for which I have an InterStim Unit. I was diagnosed in November of 2008 after having 3 su...More

Helpful Tips

Spasm relief
I have been getting these spasms for a few years. Doctors appear not to have many answers. I have been through many test including nuclear ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.