Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Acid reflux and breathlessness
PietPeuterig posted:
Can those two be connected to each other? Also, I have bee experiencing a crushing pain in the upper part of my chest, just under throat. Is all this connected? Can it be something serious?

Grandmajese responded:
I have the same problem but I also have asthma. It feels like someones standing on your chest, sometimes with stilletos on. I went and got an ekg just to be on the safe side, also you can burn through to nerves that cause chest pain. I get that too, scary stuff and my reflux gets worse with exertion. drink baking soda water several times a day and especially before I walk my dog and I take my inhailer. It could be serious, I'd get checked. Cest pains are nothing to blow off.

islandbrze60 replied to Grandmajese's response:
Hi Granmajese,

I also have asthma which gets worse with GERDs. My doctor finally put me on Nexium. I know if I forget to take it I have heartburn and acid reflux that wakes me in the night. It literally takes my breath away. I now have become severly allergic to grass. It hurts to breath if I go outside even in the winter. I was taking allergy shots, but even with insurance it is very expensive.
Any suggestions for natural remedies?

Linda

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm a 24 year old female with Interstitial Cystitis, for which I have an InterStim Unit. I was diagnosed in November of 2008 after having 3 su...More

Helpful Tips

How I relieved my Chest Pain (GERD, Acid Reflux, Heartburn)
For those who don't want to read, just scroll all the way down to see how I relieved my severe chest pain. Then, you can read the rest of ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.