Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
GERD/ASTHMA?? ALLERGY??
An_241881 posted:
I recently was cleaning some property of mine that had oaks, exotics, palms, ect. I used a chainsaw and bobcat for 2 weeks then I cut a dead 60-100 year old oak that was dead and fallen over for over 10 years. I supposedly inhaled the dust and smoke from the tree and now have had hives, chest pain, food stuck in throat, severe breathing problems. I was put on all medicine for acid reflux, steroids, shots, antibiotics, and had a allergen test done to be informed I was allergic to oak. I am a healthy 33 yr old man that has never had breathing problems, a little acid reflux before, but very healthy person. Now they have hospitalized me for 2 days, a brochoscopy, a ct scan that showed 2 spots 0.05mm spot on the lymph node in the right lung?? very small spot, the docs say it is just inflammation, but the scope showed low inflammation and small airways to the lungs. I was born with small airways. waiting on biopsy report and culture, all other test blood work, x-ray, good?? o2 level 98 or better and wheezing, short breath, chest pain, food stuck in chest, throat, severe, also no more hives that came and gone before. I was put in hosp for 2 days on Levquan, steroid, and still no relief. The same way. Could I have Gerd?? Allergic reaction?? asthma?? any help???? They want to put me back in hosp for 5-7 days for iv treatment to asthma???

Anon_60101 responded:
All of the symptoms you listed are those for a severe allergic reaction to medication, food or things environmental. Your throat was swollen almost closed. You are lucky to be alive.

answers7 replied to Anon_60101's response:
Thank you for responding, so I would say to see a allergy and immunology doc? symptoms still progressing, nothing they are giving me is working, it actually makes it worse. My blood work says I was allergic to oak, which is what i was cutting when I got sick. I just hope they can figure out a way to get this out of my system, and I don't have to live like this my whole life. I have 1 child and 2 business's I operate on my own and it is interfering with everyday life now. Thanks again and have great day!

madmam730 responded:
You need to keep a rescue inhaler of albuterol with you at all times, the hives are from allergy, the acid reflux is possibly from stress, I looked it up so I know. I too have allergies. And, your body changes every 7 years, (its possible to do it sooner,) so you won't be like this forever. There may come a day when you have no more allergies, Be patient and listen to your Dr. The steroids are a way to bring hives under control fast, as this too mks it hard to breath. Stay away from what you are allergic to and don't mess around, this can be fatal if you can't breath and seems like you have 3 dangerous things going on together. Maybe the hospital is what you need to get ahead of all of it. Good luck to you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 years old and natural health enthusiasts. Enjoy learning new stuffs and share with people. My website :

Helpful Tips

Answer to Burping Belching , acid, anxiety, gasping for air
I think I have finally found the answer to this issue of waking up gasping for air. I have been experiencing this for years and found the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.