Skip to content
Green colored BM
itavlas posted:
I've recently had colonoscopy as precaution due to family history . All results good. Then starting several weeks ago my stool became greenish and has stayed that way reqardless of my diet. Physician says this is not normal but can not explain the green color or what to do about it. Should we be worried yet? What to do?

Torcal responded:
I'm not a medical person but.... Bile is green and it is secreted into the fecal matter. Normally, by the time it exits the bile has turned to brown. The contents of your intestines could be moving too fast for the bile to change color. This usually appears in the case of diahhrea. Your diet can also affect the color of your stools.

The most dangerous stool colors are red and tarry black. Red indicates fresh blood and the black blood that is relatively old having as its source something farther up in the digestive tract.

Listen to your doctor and stop worrying. Having had too many colonoscopies to count I can assure you that the procedure has nothing to do with your present condidtion.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm currently having very scary symptoms and I'm hopnestly frustrated. I have always been asthmatic but since October, I have been experiencin...More

Helpful Tips

Try Natural options
Gaviscon really helps me when I am desperate. Tablets, not the mint-flavored liquid! Also, try DGL Tablets and Slippery Elm capsules. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.