Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
heart burn
marym48 posted:
I have terrible heart burn pain in throat and chest. Im also experiencing nasea and vomitting. Please any advice. Im not able to eat or drink much.

Take the Poll

I have never had acid reflux before dealt with heartburn but nothing like what im feeling now. Pain in throat and chest, naseau and vomiting. looking for any help suggestions i can get. Non insured so self diagnosis and treatment by limiting foods and drink. taking zantac
  • all
  • help
  • diet
  • drink
  • medication
vote
View Poll Results

Torcal responded:
You could have a peptic ulcer. That would justify a trip to the ER based on the indications you have.

Google: "heartburn". There's a ton of literature out there for you to try and make your own diagnosis and perhaps find a remedy.

Seab82 replied to Torcal's response:
I have heartburn and don't like medicine Some things to try are whole milk and adding sugar to anything with tomatoes or citrus acid in it.

calgal37 responded:
Marym, go to www.gicare.com and look at the dietary suggestions for acid reflux. Many foods, including dairy, can increase the production of acid including the 'known' culprits, such as spicy ones.

Make lifestyle changes such as elevating the head of your bed and not eating within at least 3-4 hours of eating.

At some point you've got to see a doc. You need to be tested for H. pylori, the bacteria that is implicted in acid reflux and gastritis. If you have it, it needs to be treated. When present, you could make all the changes in the world and it might not do a lot of good. Also if you've got pain in the throat and chest, it could be 'high' reflux, and you'll need to find out how aggressive you need to be with treatment. It would be painful to find out sometime in the future you developed Barrett's esophagus due to lack of early/aggressive treatment.

The other problem is many GI issues have the same symptoms. Although from what you describe it sounds like acid reflux, it could be another issue entirely. Only a doc is going to be able to sort it out.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I am 24 years old. I got diagnosed with GERD and found out that I have a hiatus hernia in 2007. I also have migraines without aura and I may have a...More

Helpful Tips

How I relieved my Chest Pain (GERD, Acid Reflux, Heartburn)
For those who don't want to read, just scroll all the way down to see how I relieved my severe chest pain. Then, you can read the rest of ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.