Skip to content
Worried about son
pukwuh posted:
3 months ago my 9 year old son recently recovered from strep but sore throat symptoms continued. He clears his throat quite often and says it feels like something is stuck in his throat. According to his doctor his tonsils are fine and said it is reflux and perscribed Nexium. Does this sound like a correct diagnosis? Maybe just a overworrying parent but would sure appreciate any feedback on this.

TRMR responded:
I would think that it could be reflux. See if he starts feeling better on the medicine. If so, maybe have him take it for awhile and then stop it and see if it comes back. Nexium didn't work for me, so it might also be the wrong medicine if he isn't feeling better.

I don't know if that helps much. I guess what I am trying to say is that I would agree that reflux can make you feel like you have stuff in your throat.

Good luck!

pukwuh replied to TRMR's response:
Thank you so much. Just wanna make sure I'm doing the right thing and seeing my son in such an uncomfortable state makes me feel so out of control. Just wanna make it better. Just have to wait and see if if the nexium will make a difference. Thank you again

harleyquinn47 replied to pukwuh's response:
Ask your son if he notices that it gets better or worse after eating certain foods like milk, bread, fast food(if you do that), etc. You could even test this by having him eating the food and seeing if he feels worse after them. I would def. try the Nexium for a while and see what happens. If not try and get a different medicine and see if any of them work. It's ok to insist and be ridiculous when it comes to your kids. No parent wants to see them in pain. And it's your doctor's job to find an answer. Pester them till your blue in the face! I hope you find some answers for your little guy!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I am 24 years old. I got diagnosed with GERD and found out that I have a hiatus hernia in 2007. I also have migraines without aura and I may have a...More

Helpful Tips

Try Natural options
Gaviscon really helps me when I am desperate. Tablets, not the mint-flavored liquid! Also, try DGL Tablets and Slippery Elm capsules. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.