Skip to content
GERD? Help...
ksmitten0806 posted:
I was diagnosed with GERD last year, when I lost 13 lbs in 2 weeks. I could keep anything down. Not even boiled chicken and plain rice. Now I was taking omeprazole prescription strength. I was feeling a little better and could keep food down. I have been taking over the counter zantac and generic forms. It was working well for awhile but now I am not able to enjoy food. Everything I eat, acidic or not comes back up. From a simple burp or actually vomiting. I have not ate as much and even when I do I feel nauseous, and am constantly feeling heaviness on my chest. Im not sure what to do... any tips?

TRMR responded:
If your doctor put you on the Zantac you might call and ask them if you should switch medications. My medications quit working after taking them for awhile. Sometimes this happens only after a few months. If you are taking OTC meds on your own then you could try switching to another kind of med and see if that helps.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm currently having very scary symptoms and I'm hopnestly frustrated. I have always been asthmatic but since October, I have been experiencin...More

Helpful Tips

ACIDIC STOMACH/DYSPEPSIA/HYPER ACIDITY/STOMACH PROBLEMS
I have resolved this complex issue. please read here: ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.