Skip to content

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page:

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at

Can we take two tablets of Omeprazole -40 mg in a day
    An_243160 posted:
    I am having consistent problem of acid reflux. I am taking 1 40 mg Omeprazole for last 3 months , but there is no relief. Now my doctor has suggested to take twice a day . I am not sure if its safe to take two tablets a day . the pharmasist told me the recommended dose is only one tab a day . Pl advise.
    GERDpatient7 responded:
    You might want to try a different drug in the same class (PPIs). Sometimes one works better than another for a person. For me, pantoprazole (Protonix) works better than omeprazole. Ask your doc to prescribe a different PPI drug.
    rangers222 responded:
    used to take 40 nexium for about 4 yrs and now i have no insurance so i got the omeprazole 40mg can i take to and for how long because i heard its only for 14 days ot no longer then 3 months if i stop ill get it back lol
    razorbacky responded:
    Is it okay to take two omeprazole a 40 mg in one day?
    alputman replied to razorbacky's response:
    My doc has prescribed me 2 40mg pills per day. I take one in the AM and one in the PM. You should really ask your doc.

Helpful Tips

My GERD Solution
    I have suffered from severe GERD for many years. Here's what works for me and I consider it a miracle. I take a 40mg Protonix (you can also ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.