Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Can we take two tablets of Omeprazole -40 mg in a day
An_243160 posted:
I am having consistent problem of acid reflux. I am taking 1 40 mg Omeprazole for last 3 months , but there is no relief. Now my doctor has suggested to take twice a day . I am not sure if its safe to take two tablets a day . the pharmasist told me the recommended dose is only one tab a day . Pl advise.

GERDpatient7 responded:
You might want to try a different drug in the same class (PPIs). Sometimes one works better than another for a person. For me, pantoprazole (Protonix) works better than omeprazole. Ask your doc to prescribe a different PPI drug.

rangers222 responded:
used to take 40 nexium for about 4 yrs and now i have no insurance so i got the omeprazole 40mg can i take to and for how long because i heard its only for 14 days ot no longer then 3 months if i stop ill get it back lol

razorbacky responded:
Is it okay to take two omeprazole a 40 mg in one day?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Brittany and I'm 21 years old. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia earlier in 2012 and have had back/neck alignment problems since I ...More

Helpful Tips

After over ten years GERD is gone, here's how
I have been worried about being on Prilosec for over 10 years with all the bad things I hear about it. I wanted to try weaning off of it ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.