Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    I have something seriously wrong?
    An_243619 posted:
    I am 31 years old and have had reflux, gerd, ulcer, who know's what else since I was 17 with my first and only endoscopy. Now I have pain in between my breast in the center of my chest, it feels like something is pushing the bones or ribs out and its a sharp pressure pain. It last for days, I contstantly take motrin or tylenol and nothing helps. I have been on every otc and prescription med for gerd and i switch back and forth and it seems it only getting worse. I dont have insurance and cannot get another one done to find out whats going on. When I take my meds for hours they float in the top of my esphougous because i can push them back up its aslo hard for me to swallow and pops when I do. Im so worried and been in and out of hospitals, no one will do the endoscopy without payment up front. Help please
    Heigigi responded:
    You need to go to a hospital for low income people. Maybe Apply for a gold card.You need to see the doctor because you can't live like this. I understand you, I'm going thru the same thing, and this is affecting my job, my family and my finances, and of course, my sanity and my health. Go look for help, don't keep taking OTC medicines.
    sweetshell028 replied to Heigigi's response:
    Where in NC is a low income hospital I have never heard of one I just go to local hospitals and they treat me like crap. How do I get a gold card and what is that? Thank you for answering me, Im having the same problems with dental issues. All my teeth are decayed as we speak I have an abcess and my face is swelling with infection, Im in so much pain and cant afford a denists or insurance???

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    Hi, my name is Brittany and I'm 21 years old. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia earlier in 2012 and have had back/neck alignment problems since I ...More

    Helpful Tips

    Try Natural options
    Gaviscon really helps me when I am desperate. Tablets, not the mint-flavored liquid! Also, try DGL Tablets and Slippery Elm capsules. It ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 4 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.