Skip to content
Acid reflux and heart skipping beats
skittles07 posted:
Has anyone had their heart skip beats when you have I acid reflux after you eat something. After you burp a few times the skipped beats stop.

ouch2002 responded:
Funny you should ask that, I have had those for a few months now and even went to a cardiologist and had a stress test, EKG and ECHO done...my heart is perfect. I got diagnosed with GERD and acid reflux in Feb and have had issues on and off for a few yrs but this episode has stayed with me since Sept 2011 every day. I also have globus hystericus aka sensation of lump in throat that has many causes but acid flow can cause it. If you are worried get checked out for piece of mind, mine still come and my reflux has been pretty bad so I just figured since my heart is good it must be the reflux, good luck

dwight1972 responded:
hello there '

i have a problem like that, I am 40 years old it started this illness of mine since im 34 years old, everytime i eat foods like spicy, bread with cheese or drink beer , liquor right now this is my problem how to cure this cause i love to eat spicy foods or drink beer liquor

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I am 24 years old. I got diagnosed with GERD and found out that I have a hiatus hernia in 2007. I also have migraines without aura and I may have a...More

Helpful Tips

After over ten years GERD is gone, here's how
I have been worried about being on Prilosec for over 10 years with all the bad things I hear about it. I wanted to try weaning off of it ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.