Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
In complete turmoil
stopnshop13 posted:
Every time I eat the nausea gets worse, sometimes worse than anything I could imagine. I always have to burp so I'm constantly drinking seltzer... Is this a bad idea? Also the feeling of something in my throat is so violent that I am constantly coughing up bile or mucus. Does anyone else experience this and is there any wy to find relief?

deb6583 responded:
I had food and drink including water come back up for four days before my doctor decided to do an endoscopy and stretched my esophagus and I am on antacid meds.

sisterwife replied to deb6583's response:
it is 3:12 am and i can't lay down because the acid liquid keeps coming up. i need my esophagus stretched again.my dr has me on 4 prilosec a day.

Burping responded:
I think I have finally found the answer to this issue of waking up gasping for air. I have been experiencing this for years and found the solution by accident. My wife and I bought a sleep number bed. A bit on the pricey side but we got the base unit with the Bed that raises your head above your stomach. I raise mine about 8 inches at night. I no longer wake up gasping for air and my excessive belching is gone! Thank the Lord!

I think that my stomach acid sat in my throat all night long. I rarely tasted acid but I was constantly clearing my throat during the day. Also excessive burping gas gave me pressure that eventually turned into anxiety attacks.

Guys, all these issues have cleared up. I tried the books under the head of the bed but that wasn't enough height. You do not have to buy a sleep number bed but the cool thing is it bends at the waiste area so you don't slide down the bed at night.

Anyway, I always had a pact with others....whoever found the answer to this debilitating set of circumstances would post it on the boards for others to benefit from. It only took me about 16 years of suffering but here it is.

I hope this helps Assuming it does, please do pass this on to other boards to help others and or friends that are suffering from this same issue. God Bless.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 25 years old. This past Monday (10/4/2010) was the first time I have experienced upper abdominal pain at night. It seems to be worse at nigh...More

Helpful Tips

Answer to Burping Belching , acid, anxiety, gasping for air
I think I have finally found the answer to this issue of waking up gasping for air. I have been experiencing this for years and found the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.