Skip to content
GERD
Anon_156309 posted:
I was treated for Gerd about two years ago and was told I had a hiatal hernia. I had my gallbladder removed also.After having the gallbladder removed I started having very bad chest pains that hurt across my shoulders and back. I went to the heart doctor because the pain in my chest would sometimes wake me up during the night and it hurt so bad I felt as though I couldn't breath. When I have been woken up in my sleep from the pain I usually have to throw up violentely to began to feel better. I am not sure what causes this pain because I have not found the specific food that might trigger it. Any suggestions?

calgal37 responded:
Check into the possibility of acid reflux or bile reflux that could be causing esophageal spasms. Those spasms can often feel like a heart attack.

harleyquinn47 responded:
Have you talked to your doctor about possibly putting you on something to help break down fats since your gallbladder isn't there to do it anymore? I mean it is a possibility that it's just too slow now so it's backing up and causing issues. Always a thought!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm currently having very scary symptoms and I'm hopnestly frustrated. I have always been asthmatic but since October, I have been experiencin...More

Helpful Tips

How I relieved my Chest Pain (GERD, Acid Reflux, Heartburn)
For those who don't want to read, just scroll all the way down to see how I relieved my severe chest pain. Then, you can read the rest of ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.