Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is this really GERD?
cheddar15 posted:
I have been experiencing the sensation of phlegm in my throat for over a year now. The sensation is not just in my throat but feels like I am very congested and stuffy. I blow my nose and nothing comes out, so the sinus passage ways are clear. Doctor did a CT scan of my sinuses and it also showed clear sinuses but my sinuses were inflammed. I went to a ENT and he stuck scope up my nose and down my throat to examine my throat and upper esophagus. He says I have Gerd!

So I have significantly changed my diet and take 40mg of Omeprazole daily and wouldn't ya know it, nothing changes. I am not totally convinced its GERD. I have been on this diet and medication for almost a year now. Could this not be GERD and maybe a food allergy or something. My family thinks I should go see an allergist because its not getting any better. There is also no family history of GERD and I am a young athletic 26 year old male who is in great shape and has never had a problem like this before.

Maybe you could give me some insight. Im so sick of going to doctors because no one seems to have the answers.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Brittany and I'm 21 years old. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia earlier in 2012 and have had back/neck alignment problems since I ...More

Helpful Tips

How I relieved my Chest Pain (GERD, Acid Reflux, Heartburn)
For those who don't want to read, just scroll all the way down to see how I relieved my severe chest pain. Then, you can read the rest of ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.