Skip to content
why so bad these last few days?
lbc40ozruca posted:
I've had GERD for years and have been perscribed different antacids for 15 years. I had a scope done about 5 years ago and it came back fine. Ive been taking Aciphex daily for the GERD and never had any problems unless i forget to take it. Even when i forget, i don't even realize that i didn't take my medicine until hours later. I stay away from peppers, raw veggies, fried food, whatever i know that will trigger heartburn. For the last two days the indigestion has been terrible. I've been taking my Aciphex once every 12 hrs instead of the prescribed dosage of 1 every 24. Also, taking Pepito Bismol at least 4 times between my pill to ease the burning. I've never had it this bad before and haven't done anything or eaten anything different than usual. Any suggestions? It just wont stop.

calgal37 responded:
Ibc, when you say the scope came back fine, do you mean nothing was seen at all? No gastritis, no erosion, nothing?

Have you considered checking to see if you're experiencing problems with food intolerances and not GERD? Many people find that the miserable symptoms that are seen with GERD may not be GERD at all but are the side-effects of food intolerances. If the offending substances are removed completely from the diet, the symptoms disappear.

Helpful Tips

What are the causes of heartburn(acidity) and what is it treated?
Acidity very common condition, which is usually not worth the anxiety, but some people suffer from it permanently, has become a serious ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.