Skip to content
chest pain after Nissen Fundoplication
randomhero6219 posted:
Hey all, its my first post here and i'm[br>hoping someone can offer some kind of help...a[br>little background, i've been living with GERD[br>since I was about 10 (now 28) and finally, on[br>February 13th of this year, I had the Nissen[br>Fundoplication. Just prior to the NF, I was[br>having chest pain so bad I had to wake up hours[br>early so I could stand up straight by time for[br>work...[br>Well, now I have no acid reflux, I do have 10[br>ulcers from acid damage over the years and[br>esophagitis in a section of my esophagus...but[br>now the chest pain is back and slowly but surely[br>getting worse. I talked back to the doctor who[br>did it and he checked for hernias and basically[br>told me it was normal...if this is gonna be[br>normal i'm in trouble...cause today has been[br> is so painful in the right quadrant of my[br>chest...movement, deep breaths...everything[br>hurts it.[br>What can I do? How can I convince a doctor to[br>do the right thing to fix it? Thanks in advance[br>everyone!
annmsw responded:
I don't have any magical answers, but I'm wondering if you still have the head of your bed elevated. I had my Nissan done over 15 years ago and am just starting to have what I think may be new symptoms, but they so subtle in comparisson to my original symptoms, I'm not sure. If you're that uncomfortable, a second opinion is always an option.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm a 24 year old female with Interstitial Cystitis, for which I have an InterStim Unit. I was diagnosed in November of 2008 after having 3 su...More

Helpful Tips

How I relieved my Chest Pain (GERD, Acid Reflux, Heartburn)
For those who don't want to read, just scroll all the way down to see how I relieved my severe chest pain. Then, you can read the rest of ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 14 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.