Skip to content
chest pain after Nissen Fundoplication
randomhero6219 posted:
Hey all, its my first post here and i'm[br>hoping someone can offer some kind of help...a[br>little background, i've been living with GERD[br>since I was about 10 (now 28) and finally, on[br>February 13th of this year, I had the Nissen[br>Fundoplication. Just prior to the NF, I was[br>having chest pain so bad I had to wake up hours[br>early so I could stand up straight by time for[br>work...[br>Well, now I have no acid reflux, I do have 10[br>ulcers from acid damage over the years and[br>esophagitis in a section of my esophagus...but[br>now the chest pain is back and slowly but surely[br>getting worse. I talked back to the doctor who[br>did it and he checked for hernias and basically[br>told me it was normal...if this is gonna be[br>normal i'm in trouble...cause today has been[br>bad...it is so painful in the right quadrant of my[br>chest...movement, deep breaths...everything[br>hurts it.[br>What can I do? How can I convince a doctor to[br>do the right thing to fix it? Thanks in advance[br>everyone!

annmsw responded:
I don't have any magical answers, but I'm wondering if you still have the head of your bed elevated. I had my Nissan done over 15 years ago and am just starting to have what I think may be new symptoms, but they so subtle in comparisson to my original symptoms, I'm not sure. If you're that uncomfortable, a second opinion is always an option.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Beth Anderson. This is a photo of my with my daughter Katie who was born in 1990. Her GERD was diagnosed when she was three days old. Mine...More

Helpful Tips

Try Natural options
Gaviscon really helps me when I am desperate. Tablets, not the mint-flavored liquid! Also, try DGL Tablets and Slippery Elm capsules. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.