Skip to content
Gerd & hiatal hernia
Ynots posted:
I'm 62 yr old male with hiatal hernia & acid reflux. After being away from home a few days and sitting mostly on the way home after eat half of a light meal, I suddenly felt extremely painfully full. The food seemed to stay in my chest after 2 hours I vomited everything I ate undigested. This once before about 6 mo. ago.
What could cause this and how can I prevent this??
I take 2 -20mg omeprazole daily for acid reflux. In times of stress, tension, certain work activity I have a surge of stomach acid and back spasms.
Is there anything I can do to supplement the omeprazole in these times for relief??

Stretchone1 responded:
I would recommend Gaviscon liquid I'm on the same meds at he same amount as you but yet sometimes it's just not enough

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Brittany and I'm 21 years old. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia earlier in 2012 and have had back/neck alignment problems since I ...More

Helpful Tips

Try Natural options
Gaviscon really helps me when I am desperate. Tablets, not the mint-flavored liquid! Also, try DGL Tablets and Slippery Elm capsules. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.