Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Burning throat
bp1035 posted:
I found out I had gerd a little over a month ago afteyur being sick for 3 months. Now after being on meds for over a month, eating right, (NO coffee, or anything on the list of no nos) my throat is still burning every day. I cant even use a little bit of cooking spray to coat my frying pan to make my boring chicken and veggies no stick to the pan without it killing me. UGGGG !!!! I'm so feed up. I can't afford to lose anymore weight and I'm tried all the time.

Craftingdiane responded:
What kinds of tests did they do and what kinds of meds are you on? I'm on Prilosec, Zantac and carafat. I also have to watch what I'm eating closely. It's better, but still there. I'm in the middle of more testing now. Im also tired a lot. Frustrating!

Stretchone1 responded:
Have you tried Gaviscon it helps keep the acid down low worth a shot

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm a 24 year old female with Interstitial Cystitis, for which I have an InterStim Unit. I was diagnosed in November of 2008 after having 3 su...More

Helpful Tips

H-Pylori causing Gerd symptoms!
Everyone who has GERD symptoms should be tested for H-Pylori. H-Pylori is a bacteria that grows in an acid stomach. I suffered for 10 years ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.