Skip to content
Inflamed Esophagus - Difficulty/Painful Swallowing
missstashee posted:
[a name=_MailAutoSig>A few years back, I was diagnosed with Gastritis, Esophagitis, and an ulcer. While the ulcer disappeared over time, I still have always dealt with stomach issues. I was uninsured for quite some time, so I was unable to get the healthcare that I needed, but over time, it seemed to become more manageable. Recently, I started experiencing more symptoms of esophagitis; though, I was able to tame them by taking prilosec on a regular basis. This last weekend, I was incredibly stupid and drank waayy too much at my brother in laws wedding. I spent my entire Sunday throwing up. While throwing up, each time that I would cough, I would experience severe pain in the middle of my chest. Now, I am unable to swallow anything without being in pain. I know that my esophagus is inflamed, but does anyone know what might help other than soft foods, prilosec and zantac?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I am 24 years old. I got diagnosed with GERD and found out that I have a hiatus hernia in 2007. I also have migraines without aura and I may have a...More

Helpful Tips

What are the causes of heartburn(acidity) and what is it treated?
Acidity very common condition, which is usually not worth the anxiety, but some people suffer from it permanently, has become a serious ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.