Skip to content
Bed elevation for GERD
Sunshine95762 posted:
I have an adjustable bed, but it does not allow me to raise the head of the bed so that it is flat, but with a 4-6 inch incline. I am wondering if anyone has found an electrical hydraulic jack that would let me raise the bed frame so that it is stable during the night, but can be lowered during the day for a normal appearance?

calgal37 responded:
Sunshine, have you tried using a foam wedge to see if that would help?

Sunshine95762 replied to calgal37's response:
I have, but I am a side sleeper and using a wedge or a variety of pillow causes back pain. I have tried to learn to sleep on my back, but just can't get comfortable.

BodyWiseSleepSystem responded:
We just opened a store in Waukesha, WI.,
BodyWise Sleep System - Adjustable Slant Bed Frames
Our frames will raise up to 8 degrees maximum. Use your own box springs and mattresses.
YOu can contact me with any questions you have.
262-513-9526
Hans

walt519 replied to calgal37's response:
If you read reviews on Amazon.com about the wedges (which are expensive) nearly everyone agrees that they don't work and wear out quickly. Read the reviews before you buy.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Brittany and I'm 21 years old. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia earlier in 2012 and have had back/neck alignment problems since I ...More

Helpful Tips

Try Natural options
Gaviscon really helps me when I am desperate. Tablets, not the mint-flavored liquid! Also, try DGL Tablets and Slippery Elm capsules. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.