Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
LPR vs GERD
vaseifert posted:
I have recently been diagnosed with GERD (2 weeks ago) and have been on ppi for 2 weeks no relief from my symptoms. My symptoms are difficulty swallowing solids, excess mucous in throat, sensation of food coming back up after eating. I also recently have noticed a ringing in my ears. I have had an EGD which found reflux esophagitis and ulcer, barium swallow which was normal. At a loss for what to do next. I'm wondering if anyone else has had symptoms like mine dispite treatment?

debmarie7 responded:
I have some of those symptoms. I have to take a PPI in the am and Ranitidine before bed. Most of the time it works well.

(RANITIDINE is a type of antihistamine that blocks the release of stomach acid. It is used to treat stomach or intestinal ulcers. It can relieve ulcer pain and discomfort, and the heartburn from by Text-Enhance">acid reflux .)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Brittany and I'm 21 years old. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia earlier in 2012 and have had back/neck alignment problems since I ...More

Helpful Tips

Try Natural options
Gaviscon really helps me when I am desperate. Tablets, not the mint-flavored liquid! Also, try DGL Tablets and Slippery Elm capsules. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.