Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
GERD/ Chenst Pain
rain10 posted:
I have diagnosied with GERD. I get sharp pain in my chest and I don't know if it's my GERD acting up. I some time have gone to the er because it gets bad and then the doctors tell me to go to my GI doctor and they tell me it's not nothing. I also have aortic dissection and don't know if bothering me. Sometime the middle of my back get sharp pain which goes to the middle of my chest.

Stretchone1 responded:
Rain

I also have Gerds along with Barrett's and to top it off a small hiatal hernia lucky me anyways my doctor told me that Gerds can produce pain which feel like its in the chest but in act is in your esophagus. Then proceeds to tell me that your esophagus run right behind your heart which is why it's called heartburn and pain from Gerds can mimic some signs of heart pain the only way to know is to get a full checkup on your heart IE stress test ,EKG, Echocardiogram which let me tell you even after having all those does not ease your mind that it is not your heart Gaviscon can help somedays Good luck your not only

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I am 24 years old. I got diagnosed with GERD and found out that I have a hiatus hernia in 2007. I also have migraines without aura and I may have a...More

Helpful Tips

How I relieved my Chest Pain (GERD, Acid Reflux, Heartburn)
For those who don't want to read, just scroll all the way down to see how I relieved my severe chest pain. Then, you can read the rest of ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.