Skip to content
Heart pains
An_248967 posted:
Hello, I am a 42 year old woman and I have been having mild chest pains for the past week as well as pain on my right upper arm and shoulder. I am physically fit, Do not smoke, or drink and no drugs. haven't picked up anything heavy. Do you have any suggestion on what to do to rid these pains.

calgal37 responded:
You didn't mention if you've been diagnosed with GERD yet. So the possibility of heart-related problems needs to be ruled-out first. Please make an appointment with your doctor. If you get cleared of any heart-related issues, speak with your doc about the possibility that you may be experiencing esophageal spasms that can result in discomfort the feels like it's heart-related. For that, you need to seek out the services of a good gastroenterologist to rule in or rule out the possibility of GERD. Acid reflux issues can be treated with changes in diet, lifestyle changes and medication. Medications can also be prescribed to try to diminish the spasms.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 years old and natural health enthusiasts. Enjoy learning new stuffs and share with people. My website :

Helpful Tips

Try Natural options
Gaviscon really helps me when I am desperate. Tablets, not the mint-flavored liquid! Also, try DGL Tablets and Slippery Elm capsules. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.