Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Globus Hystericus, lump in throat feeling
mandadandadawn posted:
I have had this feeling for going on 7 months now. I have gone to 3 different family doctors anan ENT as well as a stomach DR. Had an egd done with the diagnoses of GERD and LPR. However, I have had some life changes that has affected my emotions and I feel this is what is happening to me. I went to a family dr yesterday and she was practically trying to run out of the room! Looked at me like I was crazy and told me to start taking Prozac. She refused to give me a try on Xanax! I am getting a second opinion with a specilized doctor, so if a word of advice, see a psychiatrist. Also, I did a search on you tube for "Globus Hystericus" and there was a video explaining how to stretch your muscles in your neck. I have been doing these 2 stretches and I feel significant relief already!!!!! Do a search and check it out, it does help!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I am 24 years old. I got diagnosed with GERD and found out that I have a hiatus hernia in 2007. I also have migraines without aura and I may have a...More

Helpful Tips

How I relieved my Chest Pain (GERD, Acid Reflux, Heartburn)
For those who don't want to read, just scroll all the way down to see how I relieved my severe chest pain. Then, you can read the rest of ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.