Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What's wrong with my dad?
zooxahoy posted:
My dad had an attack last night, and none of us know exactly what happened. He got heartburn, and it paralyzed him because it was so painful, he couldnt move. After a couple minutes, he started farting, then he ran to the kitchen and starting throwing up. He continued to fart, belch, and vomit there. He's had heartburn before, but this can't be normal?
It happened in the evening, maybe an hour after he did a light workout. He just started eating dinner, which consisted of broiled chicken, rice, and a glass of milk. He's not allergic to any of these foods, as far as we know. However, he eats way too much fiber, and not enough real food. His breakfast everyday is a Fiberone muffin, his lunch is half a sandwich on a piece of Fiberone bread with an apple, and he has a snack later of a Fiberone bar. His dinner is the only real food he gets during the day. Could this be what caused his attack: eating too much fiber and not enough real food? If not, what could have caused this?
Thank you in advance.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm currently having very scary symptoms and I'm hopnestly frustrated. I have always been asthmatic but since October, I have been experiencin...More

Helpful Tips

Try Natural options
Gaviscon really helps me when I am desperate. Tablets, not the mint-flavored liquid! Also, try DGL Tablets and Slippery Elm capsules. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.