Skip to content
BRAVO? and Prilosec = Hives
gerdo posted:
I was on perscription Prilosec for about a week and a half and it worked great for acid but I couldn't afford it so I went to Walmart brand Omeprazole and 2 or 3 days later I was covred in hives for the next 7 days. Anyone else have an issue like this?
Also the nurse mentioned having a BRAVO to measure acid. I didnt think I had that much acid but she said that it may be the cause of my chest and throat muscles not wanted to work/spasms since I have a hard time swallowing. I'm on carafate now and seems to help but im not symptom free. Anyone have a bravo?

calgal37 responded:
Some people do react to the ingredients in medications including acid meds. You may want to consider trying a different brand.

gerdo replied to calgal37's response:
yes, i'm on pepcid and carafate. I'm wondering if anyone has had similar reactions since the docs and the allergist said that I'd be 1 in a billion people who had a reaction to prilosec. Also wondering what the bravo is a good thing to do

gerdo replied to gerdo's response:
I also have the lump in the throat feeling quite often and feels like it's spasming. also feels like there is peanut butter stuck in my chest.

Helpful Tips

How I relieved my Chest Pain (GERD, Acid Reflux, Heartburn)
For those who don't want to read, just scroll all the way down to see how I relieved my severe chest pain. Then, you can read the rest of ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.