Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Suffering is getting worse
An_252040 posted:
Hello. I am very new to this discussion board so I'll start with a brief bio on my GERD. I have had this my whole life. I was finally diagnosed with GERD in my early teens. I am 27 now and have noticed that when I have flare ups they are worse. Sometimes I get the dry heaves, get laid up for days with pain, and I can't eat. The doctor insists that I am overly stressed and that's why it's flaring up so bad. He insisted I do not have gallbladder issues and didn't do any tests (I had an upper GI three years ago that came back normal for me).

I'm just not sure what to do. I've tried changing my diet and I feel great mentally but don't feel too hot physically. I just started some mediation hoping it can help. Does anyone have suggestions or opinions? I keep dropping weight because I can't eat much and I'm getting a little concerned about it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 years old and natural health enthusiasts. Enjoy learning new stuffs and share with people. My website :

Helpful Tips

Answer to Burping Belching , acid, anxiety, gasping for air
I think I have finally found the answer to this issue of waking up gasping for air. I have been experiencing this for years and found the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.