Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
acid reflux?
pupils24 posted:
I am on generic zantac for acid reflux. I have had two coffees in the past week and oh my i felt that my esophagus was on fire. Odd that i drank coffee the weeks before and not a thing. Now I wonder what else will make my esophagus burn like crazy for days. Is this acid reflux? Also, i do feel light headed but then again it could be from a new thyroid medication/ strength.

calgal37 responded:
Pupils, you may want to check out the foods/beverages that are suggested to be decent for GERD and those that should be avoided. You can find a decent list on www.gicare.com under the diet tab.

Yes, a burning esophagus can be related to acid reflux.

Medications can have side-effects so if the light headedness persists talk to your doc.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 25 years old. This past Monday (10/4/2010) was the first time I have experienced upper abdominal pain at night. It seems to be worse at nigh...More

Helpful Tips

Try Natural options
Gaviscon really helps me when I am desperate. Tablets, not the mint-flavored liquid! Also, try DGL Tablets and Slippery Elm capsules. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.