Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
something serious?
An_252262 posted:
I am nineteen years old and have suffered from acid reflux symptoms for more than two years now. When I told my doctor that I had been taking Tums around five times a day, the nurse seemed concerned but my doctor just immediately put me on Prilosec. I have been taking it for more than a year, but haven't seen much progress. I also have a lot of gas, as well as on and off nausea. Should I be concerned? Could it be something serious?

calgal37 responded:
If there hasn't been any change or progress, it's time to consult with your doctor again. When you see the doc, make sure to ask to be checked for H. pylori in addition to any other tests that need to be run.

Are you also following a GERD friendly diet? It can be very helpful in many cases. Also consider any lifestyle changes that might be needed as well.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm a 24 year old female with Interstitial Cystitis, for which I have an InterStim Unit. I was diagnosed in November of 2008 after having 3 su...More

Helpful Tips

Try Natural options
Gaviscon really helps me when I am desperate. Tablets, not the mint-flavored liquid! Also, try DGL Tablets and Slippery Elm capsules. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.